If you have a dual SIM card phone, you may have wondered if it is possible to activate a WhatsApp account with two phone numbers on the same device. In this article, we'll show you how to get started using WhatsApp with two numbers.
According to the platform's help center, you can only activate a WhatsApp account with one phone number and one device at a time. If you have a dual SIM card phone, you can only use one of the numbers to verify your WhatsApp account. There is no option to have the same WhatsApp account with two phone numbers. But don't worry, there's a way around it.
How to use Dual WhatsApp on iPhone?
Arguably the easiest way of running 2 SIM cards, or 2 different number on an iPhone is with a dual messaging app such as Dual Messaging for WhatsApp. With this app you can have two WhatsApp numbers on your iPhone. The app works in a similar way to WhatsApp web. You just need to scan the QR in the web browser to mirror your WhatsApp session. You need to be connected to the Internet to use this app.
How to use WhatsApp with two numbers on Android?
If you have a cell phone with dual cards and Android operating system, you can use two phone numbers and different WhatsApp accounts on the same device. Below we will explain how to do it depending on your preferences and the type of mobile you have. The Android 5.0 Lollipop update introduced a very interesting improvement: the possibility of creating different users in the same terminal, just like in computers. Thanks to this change, each 'user' can have their own WhatsApp account (or other applications).
To take advantage of this option, first enter the SIM card of the second user and register this number in WhatsApp. Once the operation is done, you can use your new account on the platform.
Parallel Space is an application available at Google Play that allows you to duplicate applications. In the WhatsApp case, you can also clone it and register the second version with your other phone number. Therefore, you can use both accounts at the same time.
My KNOX for Samsung phones
Although not designed for that purpose, Samsung's security application called My KNOX also allows you to duplicate your WhatsApp accounts, even if you don't have a dual SIM phone. The program virtually divides the space of your phone, as if it were two devices.
To use it, download the app and configure the security data. Then enter it and search WhatsApp among third-party applications. To avoid having to go through Knox every time you want to use your second WhatsApp account, create a shortcut. To do so, enter KNOX mode, press WhatsApp until it is checked and drag it to the Add to personal option. You can distinguish both accounts because the KNOX will show a small padlock.
Second Space for Xiaomi phones
Xiaomi phones also allow you to create a second space in your terminal. To do this, go to Settings > Second space. There you can choose which apps you can include in both: select WhatsApp. A new icon will appear on the home screen of your phone to access the duplicate space. Remember, to create the new account with another number, you must enter the second SIM to receive the activation code via SMS.
Need more help with WhatsApp? Look at our forum!
- How to use whatsapp for two numbers in dual-sim android phone
- How to use 2 numbers in whatsapp
- Dual whatsapp in iphone
- How to show offline in whatsapp when i am online in android phone > Guide
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone > Guide
- Recover WhatsApp messages: without backup, iPhone, Android > Guide
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone > Guide
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone > Guide
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- Group video call on WhatsApp: desktop, web, iPhone
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- WhatsApp voice changer: app, iPhone, male to female
- How to delete WhatsApp contact: not in address book, iPhone
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- How to create WhatsApp contact shortcut: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to create Memoji WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, stickers
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- How to delete WhatsApp account: permanently, without phone
- How to see starred messages in WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- Send photos WhatsApp: iPhone, without compressing, Android
- How to block contacts on WhatsApp: iPhone, permanently
- Hide WhatsApp conversation: Android, iPhone
- Create stickers for WhatsApp: online, iPhone, on PC
- How to reduce data usage on WhatsApp: video call, on iPhone
- Turn off WhatsApp notifications: for one group, sound
- How to delete WhatsApp messages: for everyone, permanently
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- WhatsApp vs Telegram: users, features, privacy
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: Android, to iPhone, to PC
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- How to reduce WhatsApp storage: Android, iPhone, data
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to Schedule messages on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to protect WhatsApp: with Password, with Fingerprint
- The best alternative to WhatsApp: 2021, privacy, video call
- How to change WhatsApp privacy settings: iPhone, Android
- Change WhatsApp background: iPhone, color, for one contact
- How to send large files with WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to share location on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- How to turn on dark mode in WhatsApp: iOS, iPhone, Android
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- How to enable on disappearing messages on WhatsApp