Sub: some problem with d-link switch.

Closed
davidtuffel Posts 1 Registration date Monday June 23, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 24, 2008 - Jun 24, 2008 at 07:28 AM
 vino - Apr 2, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Hi all,

I have my own company for computer hardware solution..
but i need some help from router master..

Problem : I have setup one office with dlink switch.. There are two switches.. One is with 8 slot and second is with 16 slots..and have two different connections of internet.. but one of the connection is not working proper.. so pls help how i setup this switches so I can solve this problem..

Any other guidance appreciated.. pls i want to rectify this problem quickly.. so help me soon..

Can reply me at: webmaster@smileit.com.au

2 responses

Greetings,
sir you did't provide enough information but i think both of your switches are connected to each other and also both the wires of the internet are also connected to the switches directly. if this is is th configuration of your network then only one internet will work(one which is turned on first) and also your network will face lots of unexpected problems. I can guide you but you need a Engg. to configre your network properly.
i think their is also a possibility of ip address clash so first of all we need to notedown all the current configurations of your network (switch off all your devices including your switches and both the modems and then turn on one of your modem ) now double click on the two computer icon on your system tray and click on support now click details. notedown every thing you see their.(it must be like this Assigned by dhcp, ipaddress 192.168.1.1 subnet 255.255.255.0, default gateway 192.168.1.1, dhcp server 192.168.1.1) if it is the same even then note it down. now switch off your modem and switch on the other one . go to the same system, right click on the two computer icon and click on repair and let it repair after this again doule click on that double computer icon go to support and note it down again. now i need this information to support further. you can call or send me mail at +919910727341 or think_different56@yahoo.co.in . I will wait for your call but be sure ISD tariff may apply because i am in India.
call me and give me the details i will figure it out.
bye
take care.
Shashank Singh
Hi,

i need some information regarding your network's. did you inter connect both the switch. if you connected can you use an ISP ip to your whole network. else can you seprate you mask WRT other network.