How to fix

Therobloxprojob - Aug 15, 2023 at 02:21 PM
Rahulkumar1132 Posts 5 Registration date Thursday July 27, 2023 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2023 - Aug 30, 2023 at 07:19 AM

hello,

I am on a old cromebook. Idk how old but i do know that its reached its final update. so i guess that old. But I have a ipod classic and I have it connected to my cromebook with a usb but when I try to move my downloaded mp3 files it just tells me "copy op failed. file couldn't be modified." and I have tryed everything else under the sun and I still cant move the songs over. does anyone know what to do?

1 response

Rahulkumar1132 Posts 5 Registration date Thursday July 27, 2023 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2023 1
Aug 30, 2023 at 07:19 AM

I know you are having trouble in transferring MP3 songs to your Chromebook to the iPod Classic. Here are a few suggestions to test:

1. Check that you're iPod classic has been formatted to FAT32 as well as exFAT. You can verify the formatting for your iPod classic through connecting it to a computer and then opening Disk Utility. If the iPod classic was formatted to other file systems, you will need to change it to a different format.
  2. You can try using an alternative USB cable. In some cases, a damaged USB cable could prevent data from being properly transferred.
  3. Try trying to reboot your Chromebook as well as restarting your iPod Classic. Sometimes, a quick restart will fix small issues.
  4. If you're still struggling trying a different application for file transfer. A variety of file transfer software is accessible to select one that is compatible with both your Chromebook and also your iPod traditional.