I desperately need help! Please! S.O.S

Closed
J_Laf - Jul 12, 2009 at 05:20 PM
 Sam - Jul 12, 2009 at 05:56 PM
My Toshiba satellite laptop was working perfectly this morning. When I got in from lunch, however, I booted it up, and it started normally and everything. It did the little Windows Vista sound. Since I'm the only user account on the computer, it automatically logs me in. However, the screen that says "Welcome" with the little blue circle next to it stayed on longer than usual. Then it casually went to a black screen, when it should've gone to the desktop. Nothing was there, except for the cursor. I could move it around and everything, but I couldn't put it in sleep mode or anything else.
However, for some reason, Microsoft Narrarator comes up automatically every time I boot. So, It came up, oddly enough. I went to the "help" tab, clicked "Documentation", and I was taken to a help menu. Please note that there's no taskbar or icons. I then right clicked on the help window, and clicked "view source". It brought up a notepad document. I then clicked "save as", and it took me to my documents; where I wanted to go in the first place. I wanted to back up my files.
HOwever, I try copying a file to another drive, and it just won't do it. It will say "copying, found 1.55 MB (that number is just an example). You see, the bar will be all the way full, but it won't dissapear. So, it won't move the file.
I also can't get it to open the control panel correctly, open iTunes, or connect to the internet. It just won't do it.
I don't know what happened
I tried pressing F8 and doing a system restore, memory check, everything. Nothing is working. I'm reaching my breaking point. I have no money to buy another laptop, and I can't afford a repair bill. Please, anyone. I DESPERATLEY NEED HELP.
Thank you
-Jack

1 response

If you plug in an external drive (or a large usb), you can drag your files to the new location (its the same as copying). Then, I'd call Windows, they should be able to give you some codes to type into the command prompt that will refresh you're computer.

Best of Luck
-Sam