E73 error??

Closed
JuStAgAmEr196 - Jul 21, 2009 at 06:32 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 21, 2009 at 06:50 PM
Hello,
i need some help from someone who knoes about the e73 error. 2 weeks ago i was playin gh metallica on my 360 and i turned it off... next morning i get up, turn it on and the error came up. can someone plz tell me why this has happened and what i should do about it thanx.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jul 21, 2009 at 06:50 PM
E73 is an I/O Hardware Error. Usually due to a problem with the Ethernet port or supporting control devices. It's probably best if you send it to Microsoft, especially if you have time on your warranty.

IF it's a hardware error or malfunction that you can't fix without opening the xbox 360 casing, then it's covered by the warranty. If you don't have a warranty, then pay microsoft to repair your console. They will give you a new one year warranty with the repair. It's cheaper than buying a new 360, and it's safer than having to open the console yourself to fix the problem.

Also, one more thing I didn't mention earlier because I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. The toothpick trick just stops the fans and overheats the xbox to get it to work again for a short amount of time. In the end though, it MAY permanently damage your xbox 360 console even further.

Good Luck