My computer is f***ed

Closed
Rachel - Aug 4, 2009 at 05:34 PM
 Remo - Aug 4, 2009 at 06:41 PM
Hello,
My problem is that when I go into anything on my computer (when running in regular mode) it gives me an error message as follows...Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item...I tried to do system restore from safe mode but it was unsuccessful. I have done tons of scans and it found nothing. I can get in the computer in safe mode and access the internet but is there any way to fix this problem. I have a backup of all important content on an external hardrive. I do not have the disk that restores it to factory settings I know I can buy it but I was wondering if there is anything I can do myself?? I have a Qosmio G15 Series (Toshiba sorry) and I am running windows xp media center. If anyone can help me figure out what to do that would be wonderful.
Oh yeah side not before this problem started the computer was rebuilt and SOMEONE deleted internet explorer then went to reinstall it and got me a wonderful virus you have probably heard of it Blue Screen of Death. A friend of mine got rid of that (thank goodness) But now I can do nothing unless im in safe mode with networking. If you have any advise I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

1 response

It could be a Virus, or Corrupt windows file.

Check my site http://rcompservice.webs.com/

Or contact my email, I may be able to help you out with a new Windows XP disc.
RCompsx@gmail.com