My computer broke

Closed
gizzle - Aug 9, 2009 at 12:56 PM
 gizzle - Aug 9, 2009 at 06:46 PM
Hello,
I have a problem with my computer. It's battery broke down a while ago and after that I often turned it off by plugging it out (due to impatience) and then the computer shut down immediately. Not so long ago I did this again but now when I turn on my computer the windows sign comes while the computer loads but then the computer sends me back to a black screen with options like turning the windows on normally or turning it on with the last good configuration that worked or safe mode etc. It stands that it's doing this because it didn't turn on successfully and it may be because of sotware or hardware changes or because it restarted or got shut down during some proccess or something (which is probably the case with me). Now I've tried to turn it on with all the options given but it always sends me back to this screen. I really need it fixed and is there anyway for me to do it without taking it to a store?
Please answer and tanks for reading.

4 responses

reinstall or repair your XP from XP boot CD...
can you maybe tell me in few words how I do that please, sorry but I'm a total idiot when it comes to pc
EternalMangekyo Posts 3 Registration date Saturday August 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2009
Aug 9, 2009 at 02:22 PM
your laptop should of came with a disk called somthing like 'recovery disk' or 'windows xp re-installer'. Put that in and start your laptop. It should come up with recovery menu. when it's finished loading the drivers a blue screen should come up saying somthing like press 'R' to enter repair mode. once your in the repair mode typr in 'chkdsk' that would check your drive for any errors and fix them.

Your disk may be diffrent to ones im use to so post any questions you maybe unsure of.
okey great thanks alot! I'll try this out tomorrow as soon as I will find the disc