Uninstall enoying protection that i dont want

Closed
charlie - Aug 28, 2009 at 09:37 AM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Aug 31, 2009 at 06:16 PM
Hello,
I was looking at some pictures on the internet on google when i clicked on a picture and i came up with my computer is under attack, and i worried and i installed something that it was telling me to install it told me that it would clear it up and now i cant get rid of it, it says that i need a licensce to make it come of and you have to pay money for it and i dont really want to pay money for something i didnt even want in the first place.
Thanks for reading. And HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 31, 2009 at 06:16 PM
firstly, let that be a lesson to you ..... don't click on anything that you don't understand.

next, if you go to this link
https://free.kaspersky.com/endoflife

it's the online scanner from Kaspersky. i've used it a few times.

then, if you manage to clear that nasty ransom ware you realy need to invest in som internet security software. not just anti virus software.

funnily enough Kaspersky do a terrific one. (i've been using for several years now.)
Eset do a good one
and of course mcafee do one.
Norton do one,
(but I went off them a while back. not because their software was bad, it's just that when i had reason to reinstall the software they wanted me to buy another licence. yeah right bye bye mr norton hello kaspersky.)

once you have decided on a security suite and have set it up, you can go to this link
https://www.grc.com/intro.htm

click the shields up picture at the bottom of screen
in the services menu tab select 'shields up'
click on proceed
click on submit
on the next screen you will see towards the bottom of the screen several tabs
File sharing, common ports, all service ports, messenger spam, browser headers.

starting from left to right click on these in turn. it will do a scan of your system and report back to you how secure or not your system is.