Deep Freeze can be uninstalled with the help of Windows installation kit but a password is required to uninstall the application. However even if you don't have the password, the process can still be accomplished. We'll show you how to do it in this article.
Deep Freeze is a special tool that allows you to make temporary changes to your system without the threat of losing permanent settings and documents. This program automatically restores the settings that were in place at the time of its activation. However, there may be situations where you may want to deactivate this tool. Here's how to do it:
How to disable DeepFreeze without a password?
- Restart your PC.
- Press DEL or F2 while the computer starts up to enter the CMOS setup.
- Change the date by 10 years, save, and restart your PC.
- Before the Windows logo shows up, press F8.
- When prompted, choose Debug Mode or Debugging Mode.
- In Debug mode, select the OS you are using - for example Windows XP Pro.
- When Windows XP starts, wait for the welcome screen to appear and get ready to press CTRL+ALT+DEL as soon as the desktop appears.
- Press D or locate DFServe using your mouse.
- Press Del to kill DFServ.
- If you succeed, restart your PC and boot it in normal mode. You will see the DeepFreeze icon will be marked with an X, meaning it is disabled. Now you can uninstall it using DeepFreeze Installer.
Don't forget to change back your time in CMOS afterwards.