Group policy

Closed
manjit - Sep 1, 2009 at 01:40 AM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Sep 2, 2009 at 02:52 PM
Hello,
sir i try as u suggest me but in administrator account task manger option is disable.now no run ,no taskmanager option is there how i can solve this problem?

3 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 1, 2009 at 12:28 PM
youve wandered of thread.
you need to put a link to the original thread.

it's possible that you don't have full administration rights. your system administrator may have locked down certain things giving you minimum admin rights.

please repeat the initial problem so that i may be able to shed some light on your problem
hello sir
i create a group policy in administrator account in which i disable task manger,control panel,run,mycomputer from desktop,internet explorer so that any user can not changes in my sysytem. when i restart my sysytem all policies implement on my administrator account also. i want the policy applicable on user account only .how i can edit my policy?
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 2, 2009 at 02:52 PM
Ok dude,
No need for a group policy for what you are trying to do.

if you type the following into the run box gpedit.msc and hit run

this will open the group policy window.
click on USER CONFIGURATION
in the right panel double click ADMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATES

from there you can select which items you need to lock down.
just open the folders of the relevant areas and then select the items you want to disable.

that should disable those items for any user that doesn't have an admin passord.

hope that helps