In need of advice!

Closed
Barry J - Sep 10, 2009 at 05:50 AM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Sep 10, 2009 at 07:20 AM
Hi there, I have windows vista on my hp pavilion computer. A few weeks ago, i started experiencing problems so i ran virus checks and registry scans etc. The virus' have been cleared but my computer is left in a state.
e.g. when i click to open a program or click to hear music, a box comes up saying; "Choose a program to open with", and another case is in the control panel, some of the items in the control panel do not open at all ".....Cannot be found". In both cases i see the file; 'Rundll32.exe'. Is there a problem with it thats causing this?

Yesterday, my cursor on the screen stopped moving, i used 4 different mouses, but the problem is still the same, now i have to use the keyboard to get anywhere.

How do i fix this? My idea was to some how put everything on to a new drive (i have very important files on there) and then reset vista to factory settings? Is this needed? or is there a way to do it without loosing my files and programs.

Many Thanks!

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 10, 2009 at 07:20 AM
hi there,

before proceeding with the recovery step

right click on my computer >

manage>

disk management >

right click on the drive c:

and shrink volume

now you will be creating a new partition

move all your data to the new drive

then you can proceed with restore without loosing any data

Thanks