New drive post repair that I can't find!

Closed
Elle - Sep 13, 2009 at 07:39 AM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Sep 13, 2009 at 08:11 AM
Hello,

I have a problem after system recovery where I can see my old files (some which I do not have the disks for as I'm not in my home country) on my computer but they are not running. The drive the computer created after recovery I can't find anywhere. It is under search as one of my options to search under, but I can't access it.

I've gone to folder options and made operating systems and hidden folders visible, but I can't locate it.

I currently have a local hard drive C + a local disk C, one I can't find to and one that isn't operating. To give you an example, I don't have the disk for photoshop and it's right here on my old drive if I can get it to work!

Please don't reply in techie language, I'm not too clued up.
Related:

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 13, 2009 at 08:11 AM
ok, i think i see what you mean.
when you do a recovery it recovers the operating system files. overwriting any files that were changed by your installed software ie in the case you mentioned photoshop.

the default name for c is local hard drive c - the local drive c was the name of the drive before the recovery process.

you will need to reinstall all your programs again. ie photoshop. All the data, ie any pictures that you created etc should still be there.