Asstance needed

Closed
99SARAH - Sep 27, 2009 at 02:23 PM
Mwanasoft Posts 57 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2010 - Sep 28, 2009 at 04:22 AM
Hello,
i really need help nothin i have read has helped it keeps saying windows couldnt not start because the following was missing or curropt windows\system32\config\system allthough i press R its goes to some page and then goes back to the page i started at i pressed delte but dont know what to press now please help if you can it would be great

1 response

Mwanasoft Posts 57 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2010 26
Sep 28, 2009 at 04:22 AM
Hi,

You can try some of my suggestion and see if it works.

Solution 1:
Get the original installation CD for Windows XP that you used while installing windows and do the following :
Insert the CD and restart your machine, then change your BIOS Boot device priority to boot from CD-ROM.
You can do this by pressing a special key that will load the BIOS Set-up. These keys vary from machine to machine. Some of the commonly used keys are : F2 and Del.

After the machine boot from the CD-ROM, wait for windows to load the necessary file in the memory, the windows will restart your machine. You'll get the first option where you can Repair windows by pressing 'R', please don't use this option, proceed from this step, and when you get the second option of repairing windows please use this one and wait for the installation to finish.

Then try to boot.

Solution 2:
If you decide to use the first repair option(using recovery console) do the following:
You'll type the following commands:

chkdsk [drive] /p

Where you have [drive] you'll enter the partition that uses windows e.g if you installed windows in drive c:\ you'll substitute it with C:.

Thank you
``````````