How to free ram in vista?

Closed
vin - Oct 22, 2009 at 01:34 AM
 bad news bear - Nov 1, 2009 at 05:09 PM
Hello,
I am vinay.
I have windows vista home premium in my laptop.
I have 4gb ram but in some softwares like ra booster and ram saver,it only sows 3036mb ram. also in dxdiag only 3036 mb ram is shown whereas there is 4gb ram in my lappy as shown by my computer properties.
So plzz tell me how to free the reamining 1 gb ram from vista.
plzzzz reply..
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 22, 2009 at 03:08 AM
Dear Vinay,

There are different ways you might use to free RAM memory in order for your Vista OS to perform

at a better speed and one of it could be the use of the following free software for making unused

tasks cleaned. This programs boosts your virtual memory in some way.

Clean Ram Free Download

Thanks.
bad news bear
Nov 1, 2009 at 05:09 PM
Vinay,
Sorry to tell you but you are either way it's bad news:
a) limited by your OS being 32 bit. Basically you can only reference a max of 4GB of memory. You may think that's all you have but all the hardware will have chunks of memory especially your video card will take up a lot (unless it's really bad in which case I'd look to upgrade that). To get all 4GB of RAM you need to install a 64 bit OS. On the plus side unless you are doing some heavy duty stuff 3GB should be enough for most options.

b) your memory is stuffed. This unlikely but easily checked go to your BIOS and you should see your total memory. But even if it is broken and you get a replacement you'll still only see just over 3GB cause of point a above

bnb