I am not able to configure the WiFi for my phone. As per the given instructions in the manual, I was able to detect the WiFI router but was not able to access it. I save the WiFi router profile, but since my router had Network Key , Samsung WiFi didn't give me an option to enter the Network ID. By default my router gives the DHCP IP and Samsung didn't get that IP. I want to try that again, but I am not able to delete the existing profile saved in Samsung Wifi. Please help me if you have answer.
what you do is reset the "network key" for your connection and save it.. then reconnect. don't fill in anything in the IP address or proxy or any of that. ONLY write the network key..
if you made a profile i'd advice to delete the connection you have, and reconnect, then add the new network key, and save. that should work.. all my applications such as facebook, google, youtube, flickr started working after that.
Hi You just have to do a reset setting to make your wifi active again. in the widget look for your wifi then press search and it will locate any wifi hot spot near you then choose then connect. then go to your communication and choose which site you want to go.
hey buddy. seemz like u hav da same prob as me.
i havnt been able 2 find da ans 4 it yet bt can help out a bit wid ur problm.
go 2 menu - settings - network settings - connections
once ur thr choose the wifi connection dat u want n in the lower left corner ull see the buton for edit. edit wat ever u want. scroll down 2 da end null get an option for advanced settings - fill in ur ip address thr n save wat uv done n ull b set 2 go.
hope dis solves ur problm.
my problm is - im using an ad-hoc connection and no security password. the phone searches it bt doesnt get the ip address automatically. n I cant figur out the ip, subnet and dns
tried everything posted in this forum but nothing worked, so I tried different combination and alas, I found a configuration that works.
here's what I did:
wireless router side:
1. set wireless mode to B-G Mixed
2. Standard Channel = 8
3. Encryption - TKIP
1. delete the configured wireless connection/s if you already have one.
2. enable wi-fi but do not perform search at the moment
3. now open the browser and select settings then browser profiles press search for wi-fi.
4. select the connection that you want to connect to then type the details and match the settings on the router.
5. Auth type = WPA, encryption = TKIP, network key = router pre-shared key, protocol = HTTP, Home URL = address of modem (you can change it later if everything is already working), leave proxy blank, linger = default, adhoc = off, no need to do advance settings.
6. save the settings and do not connect yet.
7. exit the browser and go to Wi-Fi and select the connection that you have just configured and select details.
8. check all the settings if ok. if the channel is different with the router, adjust it on the router to match the one used by the phone. IP address = not connected (it will automatically connect once you browse the internet).
9. now, try to browse the internet but you must set first the connection you've just configured as default connection.
That's it. I hope that this helps. This applies only to personal wireless network.
I have smasumg 5233 star wifi set. I had used it in different networks. Free and open wifi network is very easy to connect and it directly connects my mobile to such wifi network, I can browse web easyly. I had even used 3.5 g, net provided by the service provoider. like Airtel in India, and I had net connection every time. but here in saudi I use to have wifi connection which available in my office, house where encrypted wifi with password can not. I had tried to reset the mobile, and checked all possible setting configuration, but it always give failed message.
in general Wifi of samsung 5233 is totally failed to catch secured network. it works only with unsecured network.
I am expeirencing this problem.. so I want to change my mobile.. battery also not like nokia.. full charged battery will last only two days and nokia will rum for 4 to 5 days in maximum usage.
turn on your wifi and search, when you have found your wifi network account, ADD this first. DON'T DIRECTLY CONNECT if your wifi-network has a key/password, because it's useless. Then, you must do this :
- Go to main menu - browser - setting - browser profiles
- Then you pick the name of the wifi network that you recently add (click on the left arrow there)
- Look at the blank box with the title above - NETWORK KEY
- Fill with your wifi password/key
- Then you can connect to your wi-fi
I am having a DNS failure error on my new Samsung phone. I am using a NEtgearN router at home. I had changed settings on the router and tried all possible solutions on this forum. I even reflashed the firmware of my router. I also tried setting 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 for the DNS's since it does not work with the one on my network. I
What I did was went to 2 different hotspots which are all unsecured. My laptop can connect to the hotspot but the phone will not and DNS failed error will still come up.