tried everything posted in this forum but nothing worked, so I tried different combination and alas, I found a configuration that works.
here's what I did:
wireless router side:
1. set wireless mode to B-G Mixed
2. Standard Channel = 8
3. Encryption - TKIP
1. delete the configured wireless connection/s if you already have one.
2. enable wi-fi but do not perform search at the moment
3. now open the browser and select settings then browser profiles press search for wi-fi.
4. select the connection that you want to connect to then type the details and match the settings on the router.
5. Auth type = WPA, encryption = TKIP, network key = router pre-shared key, protocol = HTTP, Home URL = address of modem (you can change it later if everything is already working), leave proxy blank, linger = default, adhoc = off, no need to do advance settings.
6. save the settings and do not connect yet.
7. exit the browser and go to Wi-Fi and select the connection that you have just configured and select details.
8. check all the settings if ok. if the channel is different with the router, adjust it on the router to match the one used by the phone. IP address = not connected (it will automatically connect once you browse the internet).
9. now, try to browse the internet but you must set first the connection you've just configured as default connection.
That's it. I hope that this helps. This applies only to personal wireless network.