HP Pavalion will not power on

Solved/Closed
hamcco - Nov 17, 2009 at 09:42 AM
badboy_nexus Posts 16 Registration date Monday November 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2009 - Nov 17, 2009 at 10:09 AM
Hello,
I have an HP Pavalion desktop running Vista. When I went to use it today it would not turn on. I never turn it off. So. I was surprised when it was not on. I read on the Internet to Hold the power button down until it turns off and the unplug it for 5 min and plug it back in. That did not work. When I pressed the I/O Power button on top it glowed light blue for a second and then did nothing. I think the power cord is OK because the little green light is glowing on the back of the tower right under where the power cord plugs in. I also took it apart and cleaned the inside so there was no dust. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks for your help
Related:

1 response

badboy_nexus Posts 16 Registration date Monday November 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2009 3
Nov 17, 2009 at 10:09 AM
Hi,
Maybe the power connector from th power supply to your mobo is dislodged..You should check that out.If not then probably your power supply is busted...