Acer laptop wont start up ! [Solved/Closed]

-
Hello, I need help. My acer laptop wont boot up. I tried the reset (HOLD POWER BTTTON FOR 30 SEC w/ NO BATT AND NO POWER) for hours. it still wont turn on. when its plugged in, the battery led light turns on. I press the ON button, the num lock light blinks once, the cd/dvd/drive lights up and the fan starts. HOWEVER I hear a clicking sound.. My Laptop wont turn on!. whats wrong? JA..... : (

System Configuration: Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 8.0
See more 

2 replies

Best answer
approved by Jean-François Pillou on Nov 29, 2018
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 17, 2019
Thank you
If you really followed the power drain procedure to the letter, I can't see anything else because the fan is running, you are not getting any hardware, HD error messages. It looks to me as if it's booting. Even a virus would not give you a blackscreen.

You may try one last power drain procedure:
  • 1. Remove the RAM sticks (Clean with a soft lint free cloth while they are out)
  • 2. Remove the power cord and battery
  • 3. Hold the power button for 30 seconds
  • 4. Replace everything.

Sorry again, for I know how frustrating it can be.

Say "Thank you" 172

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 6246 users have said thank you to us this month

Wow!
Neat trick. I thought my 08 acer had really died (this time) but this process brought it back to life.
Thanks
Works even without the ram cleaning thing
Bless u sir thk u so much.. it wked i was so helpless.. thk u agn
Thank you , very much. it's work finally , the laptop !!!
Thanks, It worked
Thank you
hold the on button for some time, power on light, battery light and hard disk light lit for awhile and went off. It repeat for few times and when off, that the symptom I got.