Format

Closed
Fummy - Nov 27, 2009 at 10:22 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 27, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Hello,
i have recently deisoved that my windows file on my hard drive has over 45gb of data on it...
Is this normal? it is an 80gb disk and i only have 2gb left. I added a 40gb slave and a 1t external to the system so im not warried about space. I'm just wondering if the lack of space on the master is going to slow the system?

Also i has putting together a new system yesterday, i was rebuilding it after i put a new fan in...long story, but i put every thing back into the same place i boot and the LED's show but no monitor. HHD's work fine, no signs of a fail.... I have never had this probalem and all the other systems i've rebuilt all run fine. What is going on?

I was looking around on my 1t external the other day and i rebooted the computer after a install, I go into the directory and all these different files appeared. not normal files, all jumbled up names. I looked to see how much space they take and it's taking up about 50gb. i look at the propertys of my hard drive and every thing is normal. im back to 160gb, not 210gb...

If anyone has the time...or the paitence... to help me out here, it would much apprecated.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,825
Nov 27, 2009 at 10:48 PM
You should download a program call CCleaner (it's FREE). Install it and let it clean your hard drive of junk files. You might also want to do some research on suggested sizes for the internet cache and the recovery folder. Microsoft let's them take too much space.

Good Luck