Hp pc wont start

Closed
tbom - Sep 5, 2008 at 12:09 AM
 tbom - Sep 6, 2008 at 01:43 AM
Hello,
I have a problem with a hp pc about 4 years old after changing the ram and now will not start up please help.
Not power supply.
Not monitor.
cpu fan and system fan go when turn on.
Please help
Related:

5 responses

takeadvice1221 Posts 18 Registration date Friday August 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2009 2
Sep 5, 2008 at 05:30 AM
hey there,

can you tell me if there is any sound coming from the speaker in the cpu itself im telling about a beeping sound?

also are you sure that the memory module is in good condition?

you may also have fried the motherboard while removing the memory module so better have a recourse to an IT technician
It may also be a mismatching RAM stick. Did you match it to your computers needs i.e. DDR PC3200
Tried about 5 diffrent sticks of ram and the pc dose the same thing

also if i take the graphics card the ram hdd's cd dvd and all pci cards out it dose the same thing

and the speaker on the mother board when i put ram in it beeps like a beeping tune

hope this helps

oh and the ram is sd
hello friend ,
This problem is create by memory bank , Your ram driver HIMEM.SYS is not install properly.First of all chek your system with another ram if same problem is create then change the ram if not reinstall xp

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
If i put other ram in it just dose the same thing and if i put the xp or ubuntu discs in the screen just stays in standby

please help