Microphone problem

Closed
Nikky28 - Jan 30, 2008 at 09:24 AM
 Help - Feb 3, 2011 at 08:32 AM
Hi!

I used my microphone a week or so ago flawlessly but everytime I plugged it in (including when I’m playing a game) it doesn’t work until I clicked ok on the auto detect window that comes up.

Stupidly I checked the box that said “Do not detect devices in the future” thinking it would automatically work, but now it doesn’t work at all!
Has anyone any idea how I can enable this again?

Thanks in advance

5 responses

go to control panel. click on sigmatel audio. select allow reconfiguration popups. worked for me.
YES!!!!! I couldn't figure this out for the longest time even my geek didn't know thanks!
i cant find any reconfiguration popups in my sigmatel audio. Pls help me
Blocked Profile
Aug 5, 2008 at 12:58 PM
hi Nikky28,
i use realtek hd audio and i have no problem so why not opting for it???as soon as u plug whether a mic or an earphone it instantly indicate me the informations,,,,,,;-)
Hello guys,
What you need to do is:

1) At start up go into your bios and disable your audio.
2) Delete the realtek drivers
3) Reboot
4) At start up go into the bios and enable the audio.
5) When windows detects the hardware realtek you install from your CD do not install through the windows detection system.
6) Now go into the setup for the mike it should now be there to setup.
I had the same probelem for a bit utnil I got my to work. My mic is located in the front so all I did was went into the Record sound setting and click the select box for the front mic and it worked.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Halimouche Posts 1755 Registration date Monday June 4, 2007 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2014 2
Feb 4, 2008 at 06:53 AM
Hi Nikky,

You had to go to workstation's properties, slot hardware, botton peripheral management and look for your audio configuration.