Network cards not detected

Closed
michelle - Jan 17, 2010 at 04:20 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 17, 2010 at 05:05 PM
Hello,
I am not very computer savvy! I have recently reinstalled windows xp home onto my computer, I now cannot connect to the internet. When I run a diagnosis it says that windows could not detect any wired or wireless network cards? my computer is networked with my sons, mine being connected to the modem and router. It is also not detecting my Thompson speedtouch modem provided by bigpond. Any ideas?
Thnks
Michelle

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 17, 2010 at 05:05 PM
You need hardware drivers for the hardware that Windows XP could not identify when it loaded.

If it's a name brand computer you can go to their web site and download the drivers on your other computer and burn them to a CD. You then install the drivers on the broken computer from the CD.

If you have an unbranded PC you need to identify the motherboard manufacturer. You can download Belarc Advisor on another computer and install it on this computer. Belarc will identify the motherboard and some of the hardware (like sound card and ethernet card). You then go to the motherboard site for your downloads.

Good Luck