Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
-
Hello,
I'll try to describe as best I can what happened to the laptop. First it is an HP Compact Laptop, I think I may have cut it off wrong, when I turned it on yesterday it came on fine, however it had a background behind the icons I did not recognize, so I decided that I needed to do a system restore, I decided on Jan 25th, as I was doing this a pop up came up that said a program may have been installed that could have inturrupted my computered so I went to recently installed programs. It look like windows 8 maybe had part 1 of 3 installed so I decided to delete it. After doing so I went back to the restore screen and continued to restore. Naturally it said this may take a few minutes, So I tended to my son and came back. When I came back the screen was blue, no title bars, no icons, nothing! It shut off by itself. When I cut the laptop on it says window updating files across the bottom of the screen them the words microsoft corporation come across the screen, my screen goes, blue and a pop up comes across that says "restart computer has failed". I'm scared. I tried to use my back-up DVD for microsoft and it poped itself out. I'm not computer savvy. and I didn't send in the warrenty and I've only had it a year. there are not icons, no title bars, nothing to click on, to download anything. Can anyone help!?

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
The computer is going to need expert help. Either some friend of yours or a repair shop. I am afraid that my help from half-way around the world will not be sufficient to get it running again. Sorry