Notebook don't Shutdown after Windows Update

Closed
Scroobs - Sep 23, 2008 at 03:18 AM
 fuxy - Mar 22, 2009 at 01:19 PM
Hello,
I hope you clever guys can help? After installation of Windows Update (I also had problems installing it, but got it fixed with Dial-a-Fix), my HP Compaq Notebook doesn't want to shutdown or restart, except if forced to shutdown. Can anyone please advise me about what I should do to correct this problem. Thanks!
Related:

2 responses

truste1 Posts 15 Registration date Friday August 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2009 1
Sep 23, 2008 at 01:11 PM
hey there,

sometimes windows update arent reliable at all and so what i would advice you is to try to start the pc in safe mode and then just restore your computer just before you made the windows update.

tee
Hi there, I am having trouble shutting down my laptop. I click on shut down in the start menu, and the laptop shuts some of the programs down like skype, msn, etc...however, the laptop remains on and I have to click shut down a second time before the laptop actually shuts down.

I would like to ask if there may be solution to this? My virus scan does not pick up any viruses, so i don't think it is a virus.

Sean
Thanks, I will definitely try that.