Can't install my wireless card

Closed
jennyg - Feb 5, 2010 at 11:58 AM
 jennyg - Feb 6, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Hello,
I have a Armada laptop 1700 on windows xp I've tried to install my wireless card and computer says hardware found, when I try to set up wireless connection I put input all the info needed but a screen comes up to say insert usb card to collect data for router ( i did'nt have this problem with my other laptop) anyway i don't know where to go from here, also the computer keeps asking for a dial tone and I don't use the telephone line to connec to the internet, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong before I throw my laptop out the window.

thanks
Related:

1 response

rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 10
Feb 5, 2010 at 06:30 PM
ensure that the settings in internet explorer/tools connections are set so that the never dial a coonection is selected, and if you have the internet, try and search for the new hardware that way.
Thanks for your reply but tried the no dial on internet connections but still not working, and can't get on the internet to find the hardware so don't know what to do??