HP PAvilion DV6000, drivers or?

Closed
Homeboy50 - Feb 6, 2010 at 07:30 PM
 homeboy50 - Feb 7, 2010 at 03:46 PM
Hello,
Got an HP Pavilion from my daughter, she replaced because the system was not working and the display was black. Bought a new motherboard as all the symptom and consultation on the internet points to the fact these systems were faulty. Got the new MB, refurbish to replace the old one. Installed and at the beginning did not response. Finally the system came up and installed new bios as per HP recommendations and download a bunch of driver to update the old one in case this was needed.

The machine is working perfectly Except for the Lan Wireless card or connection. Being the first time I do this I forgot to put the mac address for W.C. in the router and it took me 24 hours to figure out I was using the wrong address as I input the Ethernet card Mac address instead of wireless card one. I finally correct the problem and I can connect to the internet via Ethernet or wireless, how ever the W.C. keeps on dropping. You are working fine and suddenly it tells you the connection was lost for no reason.

Further reading told me that the problem with the original MB was, W Connection, power problems and video display. The new board will take care of that and also the new driver.

Well I fix two out of three; I can connect to the internet with the LANW card how ever it keeps on dropping me for no reason. IS this something with the driver or maybe the board (refurbish) was not refurbish properly and I need to exchange it before the 30 days guarantee expires?

I have also tried to update the nvidia driver for the video, emulator etc how ever they do not install? All other driver I was able to install except the nvidia controller, video and emulator.

Can some one help me with these two issues?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 7, 2010 at 05:40 AM
Hi there,

Well you need to download the driver from official Hp website if you are having issues to installed missing ones,follow the link below and choose by operating system:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/

Thanks
Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer, Yes I already have download the driver, flas the bios and load the new driver how ever the wireless card keeop on droping the connection and them you need to reconect again.

I;m realy incline to think is the mb, it was refurbish and it may still have some problems, Every thing else is running ok.

Awaiting answer from vendor to get new mb if in did this is the problem.