Acer AOA150 BIOS Help !

Solved/Closed
Beth - Feb 7, 2010 at 11:56 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 7, 2010 at 01:38 PM
Hello,

I have tried the BIOS revision flash on my netbook, to no avail ! The directions that I printed from Acer were not very explantory and I'm afraid that I have done something wrong ! Prior to this attempt, the computer was running fine, only the battery was not recharging. So, I downloaded the 3310 version and like some others that I have read about, assumed that the flashit.exe was included. I followed all of the steps, everything seemed to be fine and then the system shut itself off. I left it undisturbed, assumimg ( again !) that it was recharging. I left it plugged in over night. When I tried to check it out in the morning, I wasn't even able to turn the system on ! No fan, no power light, nothing ! Now I am at at loss as to what I can do. Since I am a novice with anything even remotely computer related, I'm in dire need of help ! I'm beginning to wonder if the removable flashdrive should have been formatted first, whether the 1GB was enough to hold all the BIOS info and if I needed to download the flashit.exe separately from another site ? I would GREATLY appreciate any and all help that you can give me ! Thank you !
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 7, 2010 at 01:38 PM
An incorrectly flashed BIOS can result in a broken computer where the only option is to replace the BIOS chip with a NEW correctly programmed chip obtained from the Manufacturer. Laptops present a large problem since the BIOS chip might be soldered to the motherboard or berried deep inside the case . You will need to contact the manufacturer - they will probably advise you to return it to them for repair.

Sorry for the bad news - Good Luck