Antivirus

Solved/Closed
sumana - Feb 20, 2010 at 08:23 AM
 sumana - Feb 25, 2010 at 12:40 AM
Hello,i recently test avira free and it did not well,i t faail to ctach many things,kaspersky slow computer.i always go web surfing,play game and other things,which antivirus do you all recommend to me?
Related:

6 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Feb 20, 2010 at 10:12 AM
Hello Sumana,

Three times I have help you before. Never have I read please or thank you.

People on this forum, out of goodness, devote their time free to help others while they have other obligations.

So I question myself if I should help you for a fourth time.
sorry........i forgot to check back
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Feb 21, 2010 at 05:46 AM
Hi Sumana,

How many RAM (live memory) do you have?

Are you running more than one antivirus which scan for viruses in the background while you play?
using avira only,man.sorry
Feb 21, 2010 at 07:57 AM
I really need to know how much RAM your have in your machine for some antiviruses applications are lighter than others yet may not be as effective.

Please click on start, click right on my computer, click left on properties. At the bottom right of the window you should be able to read the speed of your processor and the number of RAM, please give me both reading.
2gb ram and core 2 quad 18400 2.66ghz
Feb 22, 2010 at 07:03 AM
Hello Sumana,

Nice machine you have and 2 Gb ram is great.

You have used Kaspersky which is a fine application but for your type of activity, it is somewhat to heavy.

Here is what I suggest to you.

First, they are applications that run in the background as soon as you start your computer. Often, they do not need to run.

You can download and run here Startup lite which wich will identify these applications. You can stop the ones you want and stop them from running when you start your computer. If you stop these applications, it will take less memory (RAM) and avoid bugs while playing games online.

Here it is:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

Next I think that BitDefender would be suitable for you, I think that it is lighter than Kaspersky and F-Secure and more efficient than Norton. It is up for you to decide.

Remember that before installing another internet Security programme, you must completely uninstall Avira and no traces of it should be left in your computer as conflicts may arise with your new programme. When uninstalling Avira, your system be left without protection, so please remember to turn off your modem or internet connection.

Bye
thx!.i will follow ur advice.......
hello i have one more question this computer use before avast,mse,kaspersky,avira,ms and now gdata trial,how to remove all the traces of all the antivirus listed,please help me

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Feb 23, 2010 at 05:53 AM
Hello Sumana,

You are amazing and you never cease to surprise me with your new discoveries.

I had never heard of GData before, who knows, it may be the solution for you!

I suggest that you take a look, using Explorer, into the folder "Application Data" see if you have any files belonging to your previous antivirus programmes and if any, delete them.

Do the same for "program files".

The next step would be to clean the registry but it is a delicate manoeuvre so I will give you two tools.

If I remember correctly, you once downloaded CCleaner. Run CCcleaner and click on the registry button (the second in blue block. Run the scan and clean the entries.

You can also use CCleaner's application removal tool to see if any of your past AV's are there.

While you are playing games for instance, you can use CCleaner, once in awhile, to wipeout temporary files to regain some memory and make your system more efficient.

Finally, you may wish to download and run
https://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

It is a nice utility to clean and optimize your registry.

Good luck Sumana
thx...........u hepled me alot...
sumana > sumana
Feb 24, 2010 at 02:24 AM
hey,what is ur msn hotmail or facebook hotmail i want add you
Feb 24, 2010 at 05:45 AM
Hello Sumana,

That is very kind of you but, contrary to many others, I do not have a MSN nor a Facebook account; if I had, I would also add you.

Have fun with your computer, you are fine person.

Jules
thx..........bye