Security Tool Virusm

Closed
Marcy - Feb 21, 2010 at 04:36 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 22, 2010 at 04:27 PM
Hello,

I got this virus 3 days ago. When the popup first started I was able to access my anti virus, it started it and walked away for about an hour thinking it was working. When I went back I found that the virus had stopped the program from running. Now I have a blue screen. I have gone into safe mode, but nothing I try works. Does anyone have any ideas how to move forward. I really need some help. TIA
Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 21, 2010 at 04:56 PM
Hello Marcy,

I think I have a pretty good idea but first, if I may, I would like to identify the beast to better prescribe the best medication for your system.

There are viruses which even prevent from downloading antimalware tools, other from updating the antivirus programmes.

In your case, I suspect that a process must be ended before you can clean-up the rest.

Could you please download Hyjackthis. Hyjackthis will scan your system and list all the processes as well as the registry key susceptible of hiding malware. Once I have studied the log I shall be able to be of better help to you.

You may download Hyjackthis from here.

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Once installed, please request a scan and save log. Once the scan is over the log will open. Please copy the log and post it here. Thank you.

Best regards
Ambucias - How do I do that when I can't access anything. I can get to safe mode but nothing there responds.
Marcy, have you tried Super Anti Spywre or Malware Bytes or even Spyware doctor?
download and run one of these great tools, (free edition)
or folow the manual removal instructions to manually remove security tool virus
http://www6.techvts.com/?tdfs=1&searchbox=1&showDomain=1
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 22, 2010 at 06:15 AM
Hello Marcy,

So nothing works!

I am only working here on what I think the virus might be (Security Tool), so if the following does not work, we will try something else for I refuse to have a virus to resist me.

You may wish to print these steps to follow or write them down.

1. Please reboot into safe mode, this will deactivate the evil processes.
2. Press alt+ctrl+del to open the task manager
3. Click the processes tab
4. Stop and remove:
Security Tool.exe
uninstall.exe
5. Click on the Startup tab and scroll down the list ans see if you spot any suspicious application refering to security tool. If there is one of which you are sure uncheck it and click OK. If you are not sure, leave it.

Please do not reboot your computer as the deleted processes will be reactivated.

6. Click on start and run, type regedit, click okay. The registry editor will open.
7. In the left pane, click on the + sign of HKEY_CURRENT_USER to open the value files
8. Locate the following entries ensuring that you have an exact match
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “SecurityTool”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vista Antivirus 2010
9. Click on it and press del, confirm your choice
10 Repeat the procedure for the following entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Uninstall\SecurityTool

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SecurityTool

Detect and delete other SecurityTool files:
%System Root%\Samples
%User Profile%\Local Settings\Temp
%Program Files%\SecurityTool
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SecurityTool
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\SecurityTool
Security Tool.exe
uninstall.exe

11. Close the registry editor and reboot in normal mode.

If your computer has recovered it's usual looks and personality, please download and install Malwarebyte. After updating Malwarebyte, please perform a FULL scan.

Once the scan is finished, please inform me as I will have further information to consolidate and secure the clean-up.

Good luck
Feb 22, 2010 at 04:27 PM
Hello Marcy,

I was curious to know if you had success and where are you with your virus eradication.

If what I suggested to you, other solutions are available.

Regards