Wireless for hp dv 6000

Closed
blackcherry128 - Feb 26, 2010 at 11:01 PM
 Dmnas85 - Apr 2, 2010 at 08:49 PM
Hello,
I just bought a hp dv 6000 off craigslist and it was working great, but now my wifi card is not working and i can not get a wifi connection, the lite that indecates that the wifi card is on (orange when disconnected from internet) (blue when connected) but it just stays orange. i had installed a good copy of windows 7 64-bit when i got the laptop, but now i dont kow what to do? CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!
Related:

2 responses

alyas1983 Posts 5 Registration date Friday February 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2010
Feb 26, 2010 at 11:06 PM
Im not sure what your skill level with computers is, so forgive me. 1st try making sure that the wifi connection isnt set to disabled and second make sure if there is a switch that its enabled that way. Also ensure all drivers are up to date and installed properly. Let me know if any of that works.

Alyas1983
Probably the motherboard. Common ovrheating problem on the model including mine. The wireless is the first to go. Unfortunately that is the start of worse probs to come. you might want to cut your loss