Pc seems to power up but screen wont come on

Closed
Asia - Feb 27, 2010 at 09:53 PM
computerpro Posts 4 Registration date Saturday February 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 24, 2011 - Feb 27, 2010 at 10:03 PM
Hello, I recently started having the problem where my comp. would shut off and restart on its on. I came to the deduction that my power supply ws goin bad. I ordered another one that ws defective and am waiting on the new one, but now my old supply will only power the cpu, but not my screen. when i hit the button the standby and green light come one,the fans start, my dvd and cd rom drives wrk and even an external cd drive i plugged into the comp wrked but the monitor light stays in standby(amber lookin) and never comes on...i am hopin that it is the power supply and that when i get it hopefully monday that all will be well but just in case, what other possibilites could it be so that i can be prepared for what i may need to do if the power supply doesnt fix this problem.....please help me
Related:

1 response

computerpro Posts 4 Registration date Saturday February 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 24, 2011 1
Feb 27, 2010 at 10:03 PM
mine is exactly the same problem just that my screen have many distorted colours shining around, im waiting for solution as well. maybe u can try using another monitor to see if works.