Processor Over Heated

Closed
panaphone Posts 4 Registration date Sunday 31 August 2008 Status Member Last seen 31 March 2009 - 3 Oct 2008 à 07:53
 xpcman - 4 Oct 2008 à 20:40
Hey,
So this morning was working fine with my pc when it suddenly switched off. When I start it on again it tells me that my processor is overheated on pc will shut down to avoid damage to the cpu. I had my side panels removed and I saw that the fan on the processor is stationary bur switching every second or so can anyone help?
Related:

1 response

Looks like you need a new fan/CPU cooler unit. You will need some background knowledge on how to remove the old unit - clean the CPU - find a correct replacement unit and install. Some CPU's (from AMD) will burn out in a few seconds if You don't reinstall the heat sink correctly. If you don't have this background best to take it to a repair shot.