Wireless help

Closed
ak - Oct 3, 2008 at 07:27 PM
rohitbarjatya Posts 3 Registration date Friday October 3, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2008 - Oct 4, 2008 at 02:42 AM
I'm having problems connecting to the net with my laptop through my wireless network. The desktop PC is using vista, and is connected to the router via Ethernet cable. I'm having no problems with it...
The connection on the laptop is saying that I'm connected to both the network & the internet. Yet, I still can't use IE7 or Firefox to load anything on the net. I had to work with the router a bit to even get it to say I was connect to the internet on it. It's a Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO router. The wireless card in the laptop supports both G & B. I can browse the local network fine, just no access to the net. The laptop is also running Vista.

More BackGround Info: The laptop has been connecting fine to the network since I first tried connecting it. It just always had the red 'X' on the internet connection. I went into the settings on the router and excluded the laptop from its firewall, and then it started saying it was connected to the internet in the network area of vista.

Vista says there is no problem with the network, and that I'm connected to the internet... so what can I do to make it work?

Thanks
Anthony

1 response

rohitbarjatya Posts 3 Registration date Friday October 3, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2008 4
Oct 4, 2008 at 02:42 AM
just go to netwok connection property and enable internet sharing (in advance tab).