Linux-fedora12 hp dv6000 drivers

Closed
santhosh - Mar 12, 2010 at 01:39 AM
 josian_220 - Mar 29, 2010 at 08:17 AM
Hello,
Hi i need all the drivers for hp dv 6000.i have installed vista and linux-fedora12. i need wireless linux drivers for the same.. very urgent.. could anyone pl help me out in this..
Related:

1 response

I think this could work, check if your wireless lan is a Broadcom, else tell me the manufacter so I can check wich driver could work for you, I have a dv6-2160ep with fedora 12 and the wireless lan work without a problem.

Installation of the RPM Fusion broadcom-wl driver

The broadcom-wl driver maintained by RPM Fusion is available in a kmod version which is actually a trio of packages: the broadcom-wl package, a kmod-wl metapackage, and a kernel specific kmod-wl package. These three packages are dependent upon each other, and installing any one of them generally installs the others as dependencies. The two kmod-wl packages will be updated every time the Fedora kernel is updated if the RPM Fusion repos are enabled. The broadcom-wl package is updated only when new versions of it become available. The broadcom-wl driver is also available in an akmod version which automatically creates updated kmod-wl packages when the Fedora kernel is updated. It is a matter of personal preference whether to install the kmod version or the akmod version. The active RPM Fusion repos follow the life cycle of Fedora versions. That means versions of the broadcom-wl driver for archived versions of Fedora will also be archived at RPM Fusion.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The following steps are for installing the RPM Fusion binary version of this driver because of its popularity and simplicity. These steps also assume that a wired NIC connection to the Internet exists for the download steps. If the computer does not have an Internet connection, then all of the packages mentioned can be downloaded to another computer and manually transferred to the hard drive of the wireless computer. Modify the steps accordingly for that scenario.

1. Install the RPM Fusion repositories.

https://rpmfusion.org/Configuration

2. Determine the architecture of the running kernel.
Code:

uname -r

3. Do this step only if you need to install the kmod version of the driver for the i586, i686, and x86_64 kernels.
Code:

su
yum install kmod-wl

4. Do this step only if you need to install the kmod version of the driver for the PAE driver.
Code:

su
yum install kmod-wl-PAE

5. Do this step only if you want to install the akmod version of the driver for any kernel.
Code:

su
yum install akmod-wl

6. Now reboot or restart NetworkManager and look in the NetworkManager panel applet icon for available networks (left-click the icon).