Hyperlink problem !!! URGENT!!!!

Closed
Veca - Oct 10, 2008 at 03:47 AM
 imran - Dec 30, 2009 at 06:29 AM
Hello,

I have a problem with hyperlinks in my excel table. I created hyperlinks to pdf files but when I try to open the hyperlink it just flashes the pdf, like it would open it and then dissapears. I have office 2003. When I transfer the folder with files and excel table to may laptop, which is windows XP it opens the links normally.
Please help!!!!! I need this to work urgently !!!!

V
Related:

10 responses

Have you gotten this solved I have the same problem
Click this link to see the RESOLUTION for this problem from Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/897755
I was getting the same problem in Excel 2007. I tired making the change that MS recommended. Have not heard back from my client to see if worked, but it sounds like a viable solution. Here is the link to what MS suggested.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/928737/a-hyperlink-does-not-work-in-an-excel-2007-client-workbook-that-is-pub
try installing foxit reader and setting to your default PDF viewer. I had problem with adobe reader causing the issue.
I had also gone through the same problem which u had face and I found that there is no problem in excel but it's problem in Adobe reader. If u check version of Adobe reader in your computer it will be Adobe reader 7.0.This creates problem.You can not link PDF file which will open in Versin 7.0.so install Adobe reader 6.0.which will solve your problem.
What did you use to convert the file to pdf? If you used primoPDF that may be the cause. primo doesn't handle links pretty well(apparently, only links with exact address may be located). Same file links will definitely not work.
I resolve this problem few minuets ago.

I export the Adobe entry from registry and save on the desktop
Uninstalled Adobe 9 run windows install clean up reboot the system and reinstall adobe 9.0
The problem resolved. The issue was there was adobe 7.0 reader in the registry I believe there was
A conflict. I hope this will help.

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I am also facing the same problem.
update acrobat reader........ will workout
Hi,

try renaming the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.pdf

this helped for one of my users.
you most likely could have ended the AcroRd32.exe process and then retried opening it. Just food for thought. I've seen this type of behavior in PDF's numerous times and that is how I get around it each time.
twinmos Posts 14 Registration date Saturday August 23, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2009 1
Oct 10, 2008 at 10:03 AM
have you tried downloading a converter that can convert the pdf file directly to an excel one it will be more simple in that way dont you think buddy?
I CREATED A HYPERLINK IN EXCEL WORKSHEET BUT IT DOES NOT OPEN HOW TO SOLVE I AM HAVING OFFICE 2007
imran > VIJAY
Dec 30, 2009 at 06:29 AM
how to create an hyperlink from one excel sheet to another excel sheet in the same excell file.
ziggy7 Posts 117 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2009
Nov 6, 2008 at 05:39 AM
Just reinstall Excel may solve the problem dude!