Hyperlinks are useful for computing as they act as a reference point for data. By clicking on a hyperlink, the user is automatically directed to the data's location within the file. When text is copied from a website onto Office software like a Word document, naturally the hyperlinks of the text also appear. However these can be removed easily. Follow the guide below if you want to learn how to do this.
Remove all hyperlinks from a Word document
When you copy text from a website and paste it in Microsoft Word, the hyperlink(s) it contains will also be copied. To remove the hyperlink from the text, you need to right-click on the latter and select Remove hyperlink from the context menu:
If the text contains multiple links, you can remove them in one go using the following procedure, select the entire text by pressing CTRL + A or highlight the section of the text you want to edit using your mouse:
Then press CTRL + SHIFT + F9, to remove all hyperlinks.
Both of the methods described above have the same limitation. When you remove the hyperlink from the select text, the latter will still appear in blue. A simple solution is to use the Paste Special > Keep Text Only option to remove all formatting from the copied text:
If the Paste Special option is not displayed by default when you paste content in your Word document, then go to the File menu > Word Options > Advanced > Cut, Copy and Paste and tick the Show Paste Options checkbox.
- How to Remove Hyperlinks from a Word Document
- Extract hyperlinks from word document > Guide
- Remove password from a Word document > Guide
- Delete part of a table in Word: cells, columns, rows > Guide
- Remove the underline from links in HTML, CSS > Guide
- Insert a check mark in Word document: Mac, Windows, shortcut
- View Word documents in full screen mode: Windows, Mac
- How to set and print an A5 page in Word?
- Convert numbers into Words: in Word
- Recover an unsaved email attachment in Word
- How to add a watermark: in Word, to all pages, on one page
- Why is word showing dots instead of spaces
- Insert images in Word document: without moving the text
- How to stop letters overlapping in Word: when printing
- Download Word for free: student, Mac, Windows
- Automatically replace abbreviations in Word via AutoCorrect
- View version history of Word document: SharePoint, OneDrive
- Vertical scroll bar missing in Microsoft Word: right hand
- Add a background image or watermark to a Word document
- Recover unsaved documents in Microsoft Word: on Mac, Windows
- How to add document properties in Word
- Convert Word to PDF and PDF to Word: online, for free
- How to open DVI file: Windows, online
- Insert symbols and special characters in Word
- How to change editing language: Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Word charts: create, insert, customize
- Insert watermark in Word: in front of picture
- How to delete a page in Word
- How to create a TOC in Microsoft Word?
- How to insert a non-breakable space (NBSP) in Word?