How to install antivirus

Closed
ishan - Mar 24, 2010 at 08:41 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 24, 2010 at 10:34 AM
how i can able to install antivirus on my computer when virus is there in my computer and it stops intalling process again and again
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 24, 2010 at 10:34 AM
Hello Ishan,

I understand your concern.

Some viruses are self- protective and to protect themselves, they will prevent the installation and/or running not only antivirus applications but also antivirus tools.

To so, the virus runs a process or processes which must be killed before you can do anything. I can hear you ask: "But what process and how do I kill it?

First I you must tell me what operating system you are using and which antivirus application you are trying to install.

Last but not least, to identify the virus and the process I require a log which will give a picture of the processes running on your system as well as the registry entries susceptible of hiding the virus.

1. Please download Hyjackthis, NOT to your desktop but in your C:\folder. The reason that we dont want it on your desktop is that the virus may recognized Hyjackthis as a antivirus tool which it is.

Here is the link to download Hyjackthis, please download version 2.0.3 Beta:

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

2. Once downloaded, please go to your C:\ and spot Hyjackthis. Once again, in order to outwit the virus, I wish for you to rename Hyjackthis to Kioskea.exe.

3. Run the setup and from the main menu page, request a scan and save a log. The log will automatically open after the scan.

4. From the "Edit" select all and copy the log.

5. Paste the log on this thread.

6. Wait for my response, I will analyse the log and prescribe the very best remedy to poison the virus to death.

Best regards
install it in safe mode
restart your computer, keep pressing F8 until you see the boot modes
choose Safe Mode
login as Administrator or right click on the setup icon, then choose run as.. -> Administrator
you can disable all start-up programs from there