Hello can anyone help me

Closed
BigGee Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 29, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 29, 2010 - Mar 29, 2010 at 02:50 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 29, 2010 at 05:08 PM
aye cant get online because of Vista Securilty tool 2010 Can any one tell me how to get online to so aye can solve the problem

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 29, 2010 at 03:05 PM
Dear BigGee,

Please explain clearly what you mean by you can't get online and provide clear information about the problem you are having with the specific application.

Thanks in advance.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 29, 2010 at 05:08 PM
Dear BigGee,

My venerable colleague Ash_Perez is always eager to help and believe me is summity. However, Vista Security Tool 2010, sounded more familiar to me.

With all due respect for my friend Ash and my apologies for butting in on his thread, here is what I suggest to you:

Vista Security Tool is a rogue Trojan Horse, a fake antivirus which is after your bank account, a scam.

Please:

Download Process Explorer and save on C:

http://live.sysinternals.com/procexp.exe

Run the tool and spot any unusual processes especially those that are numeric, or says pcsecurity, vista security, dr.guard, etc

Kill the process or processes!

Do not reboot your machine as the processes will be reanimated and come back to haunt you.

Download to your desktop Malwarebyte.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Once on your desktop, we must still outwit the virus.

Right click on the MBAM-setup icon and click on rename. Rename it Kioskea.exe.

Install Malwarebyte and launch it. From the second tab, update it.

Please, request a FULL system scan which should take more than hour. Once the scan is finish, delete all of item that were found.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.
It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.

This took alot of typing so I would appreciate your feedback.

Best regards to you and Ash