My unatainable network.

Closed
tchernobill - Mar 31, 2010 at 02:44 PM
 tchernobill - Apr 2, 2010 at 08:09 AM

Hi everyone.

i'm writing cause I seem to have an impossible challenge to resolve. I want to plug a wireless computer on a routeur, and what ever I do, it just cant work. now, I ran out of idea, so maybe I can meet a master here that have the wisdom I'm looking for.

So, computer A is plugged cable on router Linksys WRT310N, all working fine.
Computer B have a Linksys internal wifi card, with 30cm antenna behind.

Now, computer B can see all the network on my street, except mine.

In the router, SSIB is enable, all setting seem's fine. I have a PSP, I scanned for network, it can pick all networks INCLUDING mine... in the same room, signal is 100%, in the kitchen, signal is 60%.

So, I tought maybe the computer is too close from the router, I set it in the kitchen, where the PSP stil see my network, and with the lastest drivers installed, the Linksys manager fail to see my network, as do windows XP manager (i tried both). I also changed the name of the network and the change show on the PSP but still nothing on computer B, apart from ALL other networks (make the thing more frustrating LOL)

I'd like to mention that setting on the router wifi are all in auto, and that I tried different channel, with WEP, PSK, unsecured... still same result.

So, to my best knoledge, it must be something in the computer B, which is a fresh WinXP installation, with only the new drivers installed, no program yet.

Anyone out there have an idea before I began to cook each part of B in the microwave ? :-D

Thank in advance,
Yan

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Apr 2, 2010 at 05:00 AM
This is kinda weird, i never experienced this before!

All you can do now is to update the wireless device driver, or you will have to use another type of wireless device connected to B

Just try this test and let me know

Good luck
No ones ? :-/