Local only on wireless network

Closed
gallet007 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2010 - Apr 1, 2010 at 08:10 AM
 gallet007 - Apr 15, 2010 at 08:33 PM
hi, ive been using my wireless network at home for few weeks and then it just said that i have connected to the network but cannot access the internet, local only, i cannot figure out what to do, i have tried turning the power off and on but it still says local only. i can connect via a cable though. can anyone suggest how i can fix this? I am not exactly tech savy, also the only other thing i know may have stoped this is that my stepmother is the adminstrator of the network so im wondering if she has restricted my access to the network, is there a way i can find out if she has? i cannot ask her directly....its an odd relationship so if i did it would cause alot of trouble i dont need. thanks

Related:

2 responses

karthik00 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2010
Apr 1, 2010 at 08:55 AM
windos vista is failure for LAN so u can change ur os to windows xp and try it
ive never had a problem with vista before, its only a recent problem, and ive been able to connect to other networks