I cant install windows xp on my vista Hp lap

Closed
Michael - Apr 6, 2010 at 07:28 AM
mousytom Posts 15 Registration date Tuesday April 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2010 - Apr 7, 2010 at 07:07 AM
Guys i tried a lot of ways how to install xp on vista.... Well when my pc starts i press quickly F10 for HP laptops!!! I get in Bios!!! Then i go in configuration !!! But i dont see Any SATA to disable!!! i see other thinks!!! i really dont know what to do!! someone help!! I have windows vista HP COMPAQ laptop!! Thnx everyone who help!!
Related:

5 responses

mousytom Posts 15 Registration date Tuesday April 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2010 26
Apr 6, 2010 at 07:36 AM
Michael, try placing your windows xp disk inside your cd drive then reboot, let it run until you see "Press any key to boot from cd", press any key and wait for it to load(may take 5-10 minutes). Now i dont think you can downgrade from vista to xp very easily sometimes, you may have to delete your old partition and create a new one on top of it, but any way one you have loaded from the cd it is pretty straight forward

good luck
I am loading the cd then its loading my files!!when loading finished a blue page comes!! Andd....... i dont know what to do
mousytom Posts 15 Registration date Tuesday April 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2010 26
Apr 6, 2010 at 04:12 PM
Okay then, once at the blue screen press enter then f8 for i agree. Then you will see a screen of partition(s), press D then L for all of them, then you will see and "UN partitioned space" to create a new partition push c and then yes. next select the partition and press enter to instal windows.

Thats about as simple as i can make it

Matt
Hmm... Matt!! I did what you said in blue page but blue page dont have any agree or something!!! when the blue page comes i cant press anything... Maybe you have an msn hotmail so i can send you pictures of what im doing...

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Apr 7, 2010 at 07:07 AM
matthew1933@live.com