New PC fails to boot after vista install

Solved/Closed
Steve_BZ Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 17, 2008 - Oct 17, 2008 at 12:48 PM
 Steve_BZ - Oct 24, 2008 at 06:22 AM
Hi Guys, after buying a new Megaware/ASUS PC with Vista Home Premium in Portuguese, I reinstalled, first my old XP in English (no boot) and then Vista Ulimate in English also no boot.

The installation works fine and installs to my SATA c-drive, but then when I reboot, nothing. I read somewhere that SATA drivers are not provided with Vista (and therefore I guess not with XP either), and you have to install these when installing the operating system. My recover/driver disks don't seem to have any useful drivers on them, where can I get them?

All ideas welcomed.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Oct 17, 2008 at 01:05 PM
Check this link out. It has instructions to do a Vista Boot repair process.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/
Hi xpcman, in the end I just took it back to the shop. It feel into the too-hard category. I've just done a custom build instead. Works like a dream.

Thanks for your help.