PIONEER DVD-RW WILL READ, NOT WRITE

Closed
Mike Sheffield Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 7, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 8, 2010 - Apr 7, 2010 at 11:31 AM
 Mike Sheffield - May 5, 2010 at 10:50 AM
I have been using a Toshiba Tecra laptop for ca 2yrs. Recently the (Pioneer DVR-K16TBD1) DVD/CD rewriter stopped writing disks. It reads CD's and DVD's (audio, video, data) fine but if I seek to write to a CD or DVD I get "D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function."

I suspect this is a software/driver problem; I have tried replacing the DVR drive with an equivalent but the same thing happens.

I tried getting help from Toshiba but this is - er - like getting blood from a stone. And Pioneer say they don't give direct support to OEM drives.

Can anyone on here help?
Related:

3 responses

Mike Sheffield Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 7, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 8, 2010
Apr 8, 2010 at 05:22 AM
Additional info which I forgot to include:

I have already tried uninstalling the drivers and requiring XP Pro to reload them; and using System Restore to go back to (just after) the last successful burn session. Neither had any effect on the problem.

MS.
HI DO YOU HAVE HARDWARE AND SOFT WARE FOR PIONEER GPS 4315?
Mike Sheffield
May 5, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Maybe I am a bit slow at present.

But I don't see the link between my use of a Pioneer rewriter drive (DVR-K16TBD1) and possession of a Pioneer GPS location finder . . .

Feel free to enlighten me.

MS.