Anti Spyware XP 2009

Closed
Jan - Oct 26, 2008 at 09:14 AM
 Rookie - Apr 14, 2009 at 08:28 PM
Hello,

We have had the same problem with the XP 2009 versions........now we cannot get into the malware bytes to download it.........is there another way around this. Having to search using our second computer.....WHAT a scam £50 + for a lot of trouble.

How can we get into the computer to download anything....have tried the add and remove, which does nothing.....I would be so grateful for your advice.

Thanks all - brilliant forum

Jan
Related:

14 responses

Hey there I would suggest you to Follow this simple procedure:
https://www.pcthreat.com/parasitebyid-7365en.html

Almost all "general purpose","all-in one" spyware and virus removal programs such as AVG Anti-virus, Norton, McAfee or Spybot S & D cannot remove it, as you may have already found out

Good luck
hillbilly mama
Oct 26, 2008 at 09:35 AM
I am having the same problem.....Wont let me get on the internet so I cant download anything....as you say it wont let me remove the program either.....AVG picked up the virus and several others and according to AVG it resolved the problem BUT its still there.....just got the computer out of the shop grrrrrr...!!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! ( Be easy on me...i'm a computer illiterate!!!)
craig da bomb
Apr 4, 2009 at 07:10 PM
hey man im sorry this is happening it happened to me to what u need to do is be real real careful. so hit start then click run. type in regedit. ok no that you have that on the left side a group of hkey things will come up click on
HKEY_CURRENT_USER. the look for the word software click on the + button then scroll down and look for spyware Project 2009 right click on it and hit delete. After you delete that one close it then open it up again. Go to start click run then hit enter. now on the top left click edit then type find type in sysguard on the right side a group of things will come up look for things that say spyware or that say sysguard.exe, and av guard (NOT AVG) right click on these and delete them. i hope that help if u need anymore help just e-mail me at osu9112@aol.com
Hi
Download malwarebytes anti malware from another system and copy it to flash drive and install it on your affected system. Thus u can run the software without downloading it. Try it , it worked for me
or download firefox....MY IE & would not let me do it.
It places a number on the top of the page and directs me to various entertainment music, movie sites who must be paying this Russian company a commission fee for sending them traffic.

Lets band together and protest these various sites paying this company.

Generally you can back up and restore back to factory if its fairly new.

Tim at sendageek.com
I just had the same problem, the malwarebytes program wouldn't update because of the virus. I went into safe mode (with networking) and it worked then.
That worked for me. However, I have several programs that were affected and have to be reinstalled. Is there any way to fix the programs without having to reinstall? Anyone know?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hey guys.. I equally had the same problem and there is an easy way of remooving it .. First of all do CTRL+ALT+Delete then go to processes .. Disable antispywareXP 2009.. After that the program was probably stored by default at C:/program files/AntispywareXP 2009

So go to your computer.. then click on C: Then on program files and find antispywareXP delete the hole folder and it should disapear.. GO on add or remove program it will be there just press remove and it will completly disapear..

Hope I helpped

Alex
Follow the link below

http://www.xp-vista.com/spyware-removal/antispyware-xp-2009-removal-instructions-antispywarexp-2009
thnk
Yes, Microsoft is currently sueing this company. And i removed it by just going to the registry keys and manually going throught all the files and deleting all files with xp antivirus in it.
But when i got it a second time i had to spend $130 to get rid of it... i'm really pissed off
Antispyware Xp 2009 is a rogue spyware it is a clone of ANTIVIRUS 2009

Antivirus 2009 is an unwanted program, from the authors of Antivirus 2008 . These applications have resembling interface and "features". After stealth installation, Antivirus 2009 will show tonns of fake spyware\adware detection messages and offers to remove reported threats (after you purchase commercial version). But in real Antivirus 2009 is not a spyware cleaner, it's just an imitation of spyware remover. Antivirus 2009 can also slow your computer and cause system errors and crashes. Remove Antivirus 2009 using manual removal instructions (for advanced users) or removal tool.

Ok, now use manual removal guide to get ride of these rogue spywares/fake programs
http://remove-fake-antivirus2009.flesh9.com
Sloan > DFINC
Mar 19, 2009 at 06:55 PM
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free) gets rid of antispyware xp 2009.
I also got "duped" into clicking on the device and screwed my windows xp system up...here is your solution to get your computer back...However, before I did any of these steps, I purchased the PC Tools Antispyware Docor and cleaned the system throroughly.

Anyway, I have been working with a microsoft rep all week long via e-mail and this was the only solution that cleared the problem up.

Uninstall Internet Explorer 7
==========================
1. Make hidden files and hidden folders visible

a. Click Start, and then click My Documents.
b. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
c. Click the View tab.
d. In the Advanced settings list, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.
2. Uninstall Internet Explorer 7

a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open box, type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe, and then click OK.
c. Follow the wizard instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer 7.

3. Verify that Internet Explorer 6 is restored

a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open box, type iexplore.exe and Windows Internet Explorer opens.
c. On the Help menu, click About Internet Explorer. The About Internet Explorer window opens.
d. If the Version number begins with 6, you have successfully uninstalled Internet Explorer 7 and restored Internet Explorer 6.

Step 3. Reinstall Internet Explorer 7
===========================
1. Please download Internet Explorer 7 to the Desktop. For your convenience, I have provided the link:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/8/8/38889DC1-848C-4BF2-8335-86C573AD86D9/IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

2. Double click the downloaded file to install Internet Explorer 7.

These steps should bring back your sanity...BTW, I was infected with that virus while running AOL and using their MaCafee product....it has now been removed.

Hope this helps for you!
Thanks for your detailed steps! It worked for me and I am no longer getting those pop-ups to upgrade spyware....
Thanks for your help!

I got this 2009 Spyware thingy and got rid of it quickly and easilly.
Hi,

try to use manual removal guide: http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antispywarexp2009.html
Download the removal tool here:
http://freeofvirus.blogspot.com/2009/02/ms-antispyware-2009-removal-tool.html

This is the removal tool I created myself. I also included the source code too.

http://freeofvirus.blogspot.com/
I had this vius, and went to SO MANY FORUMS to try and fix it, downloaded tons of spyware removal programs, and it still wasn't helping. What I ended up doing is MUCH SIMPLER.

Go to start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore. (On windows XP)

Restore your system to about 3 days before you got the virus (Just to be safe)

Restart your computer. The virus was completely gone. I hope it works for you.
I tried this, but I don't have any restore points. Am I sunk?
Thank you all for your fantastic answers, we have managed to get rid of it, and have alerted VISA to the scam these people are operating. The telephone call centre are not interested in stopping the scan, so a letter has been sent, which hopefully might set something in mothion......................

Thanks again to you all.

Jan