“Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard”

Closed
guscrespo - Nov 6, 2008 at 04:34 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 4, 2009 at 12:25 PM
Hello, I use WinXP on a Desktop PC so I have a trouble to program a Nokia modem with CA-42 cable, the CD program came with 6 steps included test modem and Internet
The first step start ok "Found New Hardware Wizard" And the second step the program ask to stop the Hardware installation when prompt is on the screen and check √ "No, not this time" over the Hardware Wizard "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?
But it never prompts the screen with this message. Instead show "Found New Hardware Wizard" and the text "This wizard helps you install software for: Nokia CA-42 USB.
The software I need is Nokia CA-42 CDMA USB. It happens because we jump the second step program. Of course never realize the dial up connection.
I uninstall and install several times, never got the correct Wizard. I install this program in a friend PC with same WinXp and the Wizard loosed works ok and works Internet w/o problem.
How I reset "Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard"?
Any body can help me?
Thank you very much

Gus
gcv@electrocom.info
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 6, 2008 at 05:52 PM
you need to uninstall the phone drivers that are now on your system then install the correct one.

right click on "My Computer" - click on Properties - click on Hardware - click on Device Manager

the phone is probably listed under Network Adapters

click on the + next to Network Adapters - right click on the phone and select "Uninstall"

Now it's time to install the phone driver. Many, if not most, network drivers want you to install the drivers BEFORE you physically plug-in the hardware. Read you instructions carefully to see if this is an option.

Please report back on your success or lack of.
Hello again:
Thank you so much for your help. You're very clear with recommendation to resolve my problem.
Finally I discard the OEM CD with drivers and software,instead I use the manual way, and found the exactly driver for CA-42 CDMA USB which is an old Version 6.80.5.0 dated 23/03/2006
Really I am happy
Gus
*This connection is the only method to be on Internet here in the Highland Andes in Ecuador South America
hi there can any1 help me. I recently bought an Ipod touch 8gb and i have loaded itunes 8 like the manual sed and plugged my ipod in but instead of going onto the itunes, it loads up the new hardware wizard box, saying if you have software for thishardware then can you insert it now. Well the ipod did not come with a disk. 160 quid it cost me and i cant get it wo work. Very frustrating. Can anyone help please
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 4, 2009 at 12:25 PM
Just exit that screen. IT SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM.