HELP!!! CAN'T GET MY HP PAVILION DV2000 START

Closed
FREDDY - Nov 9, 2008 at 04:33 AM
 Freddy - Nov 14, 2008 at 05:19 AM
Hello,
I have a notebook HP Pavilion DV2000 with VISTA installed. Never had problems till a few days ago. Was working with my computer and I was on-line (Wireles) when pop-up messege from ADOBE FLASH PLAYER telling me that upgrade was available. I give ok and was downloaded. When I finished using my computer, I closed it up, but the day after when I tried to switsh it on, startup was just not going. blu screen witha messege saying that failed due to an error. I tried by all ways, F8, F4, etc.. tried from previous date, nothing. I have things that I don't want to lose so i would not want to press F11 to get it back to defauld!!! I have no HP disk as never come with it when bought!!! Seemes a possible problem of missing file system related to a VISTA SP upgrade. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Related:

1 response

Hi Freddy

AHHH the DV2000 ok,

The BSOD can you use F8 to load the boot options screen and boot "DISABLE AUTOMATIC RESTART"
this will let you read the full error

come back with the 0x0000000 number please as this can give us a clue to what file may be at fault or if it is somthing alittle more serious

also once we get the unit working for you

If you go to your hp centre in the start menu there is an option to burn your recovery set, this will take upto 2 dvd's to complete and this will be your recovery cd's
Hp no longer ships these cd's cause they a cheap! but they let you burn them
Or you can buy them they are about $30 AUS

talk to ya soon
Hi, thanks for answering. I have tried all but with no luck and with no recovery disk I am afraid I have to lose what ever I had on my notebook!!!
The error code is: 0x80070017

Thanks

Freddy
Hallo,

the error is 0x80070017, any suggestion how to fix it?
thanks