Autio help needed please

Closed
timo - Nov 12, 2008 at 07:38 PM
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 - Nov 12, 2008 at 09:02 PM
Hi,pjane...I have the same problem with sound device,I read your advice,but my laptop cant find recovery manager....what should i do??
Thanks in forward....

1 response

rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Nov 12, 2008 at 09:02 PM
CD/DVD drive not appearing in Device manager is misconfiguration in the BIOS. Open up your BIOS hitting the F2, Delete key or whatever key you manufacture tells you just before Windows boots. See if the device is listed in the BIOS. If the information about the drive has been entered in manually, try changing the detection to "Automatic."

* Another reason for failure of a device to show up in Device Manager, is the BIOS is not up to date. Go to your manufacturer's site, and update the BIOS. This can be a tricky procedure so you might want to exhaust other possibilities first.

* Another reason for failure to show up in device manager, is a virus. Do a virus scan or better yet, do one online for free at any of the major companies. By doing it online you will most likely bypass any hiding the virus is doing from you anti-virus program. If neither of these work for U let me know...........Good Luck!!!!!!!!!