Vista to XP

Closed
Manoj - Nov 14, 2008 at 03:26 AM
murali1509 Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday January 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 17, 2010 - Jan 28, 2009 at 08:02 AM
Hello,

I have Hp pavilion dv6700 notebook, and it is preloded Vista Home Premium,Can any body tell me How can i reinstall Xp in my Laptop?please it is very necessity for me,Help me?

Manoj Jena
Related:

3 responses

before you do anything you have to make sure you have all the drivers for your laptop. They will be on a disc that came with the laptop or you might be able to get them for the laptop web site. Once you have all the drivers you have to have your laptop on boot up from dvd drive first.

place in your windows xp disc once you have started your laptop it will say boot from cd hit any key once it starts to install the windows boot program it will tell you what to do on the screen.

when windows has been installed then you will have to install the drivers that you have. your laptop should work ok.
crazy_devil Posts 124 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 20
Nov 14, 2008 at 04:58 AM
I think you can't install xp nowadays on laptops... i had an acer and xp always crashed when i tried to install it
murali1509 Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday January 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 17, 2010
Jan 28, 2009 at 08:02 AM
hi.. normally when higher version operating system is installed lower version operating system may not boot..
before u r uninstalling the vista you have to take care of all your drivers, take backup of it.
* After that name all your drivers like the C drive as vista and another drives as you like by right clicking over the drive you can see rename option.
* After that take all the documents and files in desktop and my documents to the another local drive other that vista drive.
* Back up all your drivers.. you can download the utility to backup drivers name its name "DriverBackup".
*now boot your notebook with vista dvd, and select installation don't select upgrade,
*after a few steps it shows the window for selecting partitions, select the vista(C) partition and select the drive option on the window. in those options select the formate option.
** while selecting formate option take care that vista drive is selected. with in a few minutes (1 or 2) it formates the vista drive.
* now restart the notebook. and boot it with xp cd and in the partition selection select formated drive it may be the C-drive. and move on the installation.
* after installation use the drivers to install drives you took backup.
**BY THIS PROCESS YOU WONT GET ANY DATA LOSS AND NO NEED TO FORMATE THE ENTIRE HARD DISK"