Problem in installing modem & audio XP driver

Closed
test84 - Nov 13, 2008 at 04:42 AM
 test84 - Nov 13, 2008 at 08:32 AM
Hi,

I installed a clean XP Pro on my laptop and then tried to install drivers that are obtainable from Toshiba site.
Everything worked except Modem and Sound drive. They both have a PCI DEVICE exclamation mark on device manager's Other Devices section.

I tried downloading several drivers but none worked so far.

I don't have access to my recovery disc since I moved here for a one month job.

got drivers from USA web site and tried them after the SP2 (but didn't find any hotfix since I assumed they are contained in SP2) and even installed Intel's Chipset before installing the drivers since that was more logical (cuz I'm a software eng. myself)

The strange thing is that whenever I install windows on this laptop, after the first boot, it would recognize audio and would playback a standard sound out of it (a.k.a. sound works but not at its best) and I had to install RealTek's to enhance it but now I don't have that basic sound.

Another thing that is bothering me is showing (probably) sound and modem as "PCI DEVICES" in control panel and doesnt even recognize what type of devices they are.

And last thing is when I install the modem driver (and I tried 3 different ones), the progress bar goes really slowly and when it reaches like 80%, it just dissappears.

Thanks in advance.
Related:

1 response

msnnopes Posts 6 Registration date Friday November 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2009
Nov 13, 2008 at 07:16 AM
hey there,

just try to get the drivers form singapore dell's website and see if it works fine
Hi,
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

But why "Dell" ? I'm after help for my Toshiba's M115-s3094.