Please help me i begg you

Closed
HeavenlyDemon - Nov 15, 2008 at 09:36 AM
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 - Nov 15, 2008 at 02:15 PM
Hello, i have this problem in my computer it keeps refreshing into black screen while on desktop and comes back to normal graphic card and monitor refresh rate i think is the same and lowering my resolution doesnt fix anything pls i need help with this problem pls            

1 response

rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Nov 15, 2008 at 02:15 PM
A component in the computer (such as a graphics card) may have overheated. In older computers, the fans were very powerful (remember the loud computers of yesteryears?). Now the manufacturers assume that computers sit in air-conditioned comfort all day. So they have reduced the power of these fans that are used to cool the hardware. Follow these procedures to see if that is the problem.

a. Shut down your computer and monitor.
b. Turn on the air-conditioning and install an additional fan in the room if possible
c. After a pause of 15 - 30 minutes, restart the monitor and then the computer.
d. If it was a problem of overheating, the computer screen should now show the system booting normally.

Bad video/graphics card. At this point, if your computer is still under warranty, its time to call for help. If not, you can get a computer geek to come to your house (it is cheaper to take your computer to their store) or try to fix the problem yourself.

a. Is AGP/PCI video card compatible with your operating system? If you are experienced with opening up the chassis and resetting cards, reseat the video card, and try again.
b. Check the pins on the cable connectors and see that they are not bent or broken.
c. Never attempt to open the monitor. Turn on the monitor and try to reboot the computer again.