My problem is the. One morning i got on and turned on the computer, it worked the night before, and i found out that the internet wasn't working. I checked the switch and it was on but the light was orange when its supposed to be blue. Now my internet doesn't work and it was the local area connection is unplugged. HELP!
Info: I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 and it runs on windows vista.
3. where it says "select a product family" scroll down until you see "Wireless Networking"
4. then on the second box click " intel wifi products"
5. then on the third and last box click where it says "intel pro/wireless 3945ABG Network.
6. then scroll down where it says 28(or whatever) matchings: look for
Intel® PRO/Wireless and WiFi Link Drivers-?Only for Windows Vista*
and on the side it will say drivers click it.
7. it will go to another page you will click on the first likn it will say something like this: English: ICS_Dv32.exe download.
8. then you will go to another page and this will pop up: INTEL® SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ...your going to accept.
9.you will go to another page then you will click on:
Download Intel® PRO/Wireless and WiFi Link Drivers-Only for Windows Vista*
10. on the top of the page a yellow bar will pop up right cliock it then press download file.
11. when the window pops up click save and save it to you hard drive or device. if it is a portable hardrive click my computer then look for the devise. you may use a usb....if you hooked up your laptop to the internet with a cable or so just save it to your desktop then open the program up.
make sure your wireless switch is on.
if that doesnt make your wireless work do this steps also.... i did both and it worked automaticlly.
FOLLOW STEPS ONE THRU 5.
THEN ON STEP NUMBER 6 INSTEAD OF DRIVERS YOU NEED TO GO TO "SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS IT WILL SAY LIKE THIS:
---Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility for Windows Vista 64-?Bit*
CLICK IT THEN FOLLOW STEPS 7 THRU 11.....